We provide a full range of trademark portfolio planning services:
- availability searches on national and international databases;
- advising and representing clients in filing trade mark applications with the Romanian Patent and Trade mark Office and WIPO;
- conducting oppositions, contestations and cancellation proceedings;
- administrating and renewing trademarks;
- coordinating foreign filings world-wide;
- perfoming community trademark filings and registrations before the Office for the Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM);
- building trademark survey mechanisms against infringers;
- advising and representing clients in all the procedures related to trademark infringement, including drafting intervention petitions for the Customs Authorities;
- assisting in counterfeiting and unfair competition actions;
- negotiating the sale and acquisition of trademarks;
- drafting and reviewing complex agreements related to trademarks, including assignment, license, franchise and distribution agreements.
Our expertise extends to all trademark-related commercial aspects such as labeling, packaging, consumer protection and advertising, to ensure that our client’s products and services comply with the various governmental regulations.
- Assisting a large international retail company in connection with its IP portfolio following the launching of a new chain of stores in Romania;
- Assisting a Romanian beverage producer in front of the State Office for Patents and Trademarks for challenging several decisions for provisional refusal and registering of over 40 new trademarks;
- Representing an important international retail company present in Romania since 1996 in negotiation and structuring a brand coexistence agreement;
- Representing of one of the most important global sports articles company in undertaking legal measures to prosecute infringers of IP rights, including enforcement of border control measures by the Customs Authorities, institution of claims and bringing lawsuits for violations in front of the Bucharest Tribunal and courts of subsequent instance, enforcement of security measures by the respective Courts;
- Representing one of the of the most important international retail companies present in Romania since 1996 in many of its successful litigation cases to halt infringement of IP rights;
- Representing a leading south-eastern European paint producer in some trademark cancellation and infringement actions pending in front of the Bucharest and Appeal Courts;
- Representing a major European candies producer and distributor in the prosecution of infringers of IP rights, including enforcement of border control measures;
- Assisting and representing a large international retail company in an IP litigation over a trademark counterfeit claim by successfully sustaining a counterclaim for cancellation of the plaintiff’s trademark.