Litigation represents an important practice of our firm. We regularly advise the clients about the risks they run in relation to disputes, as they can often be expensive and time consuming.
Understanding that sometimes litigating is not the most desirable way to preserve a business relationship, where more efficient, we work closely with our clients in order to realistically evaluate and identify the best strategy in preparing and conducting an alternative dispute resolution. Before engaging in litigation, we always inform the clients on the advantages and disadvantages of an open court dispute and on its estimated costs, duration and risks.
At the same time, we are fully determined to sustain and win the clients’ cases in any adversarial framework and, to this end, we are trying to identify and refine the best arguments to use. Comprehensive preparation of each case is an important condition to success. Our vision as to a successful client representation involves primarily a deep and solid understanding of all the direct involved and adjacent matters. Should litigation start, we carefully prepare each of our steps, developing a real partnership with our clients until complete relief is obtained through a final and enforceable decision.
We have successfully represented clients in litigious cases for claims of commercial or civil nature, trademark, industrial design and copyright cancellations and infringements, claims on real estate property, insolvency, labour, family, successions and as well as other relevant problematical aspects. We are fully qualified to handle cases before the Romanian Supreme Court, the Constitutional Court, the Romanian International Commercial Arbitration Court as well as all other lower courts.
Our lawyers are determined to provide clients with the following:
- the best result possible
- a transparent and fair fee structure
- quality advice and service
- fast turnaround and response
- quality reporting
- Assistance and representation of an important European beverage producer in a commercial litigation against a local distributor instituting provisional measures to preserve the debtors assets;
- Representing one of the global leading software solution company in an international arbitration procedure regarding the recovery of the Romanian domain name;
- Representation in a successful litigation to halt infringement of intellectual property rights for one of the of the most important international retail companies, present in Romania since 1996;
- Legal assistance and representation for a leading south-eastern European paint producer during proceedings for recovery of receivables by forced execution against various debtors;
- Representation of one of the world leader sports articles company in undertaking legal measures to prosecute infringers of IP rights, including enforcement of border control measures by the Customs Authorities, institution of claims and bringing lawsuits for violations before the Bucharest Court and courts of subsequent instance and enforcement of security measures;
- Representing an important real-estate Romanian company in an expropriation case against the Romanian authorities;
- Representing one of the Austrian pioneer company specialized in the thermal insulation and expanded polystyrene sector in a labor litigation;
- Assisting and representing several Romanian real-estate companies in connection with various civil and commercial disputes and complex bankruptcy proceedings against debtors;
- Representing one of the global leaders in retail services in the pre-litigious phase of the negotiations regarding the performance of a trademark coexistence agreement;