Over the years the legal aspects of the property ownership and investments have become increasingly complex in Romania in light of the continuous transformation of legislation and the market unprecedented development. We have assisted our clients in property cases from very early on, when the legislation allowed the return of the real estate confiscated by the communist dictatorship to former owners, up to recent years, when we have witnessed the commercial market realities taking the stage. Therefore we have a comprehensive knowledge of the real estate legislation and its evolution and a rich practical expertise in the field.
Based on our extensive background in real estate matters, we can take a real estate project from conception to completion offering the following services:
- due diligence investigation
- assistance in gathering and reviewing public record documents
- negotiations of sale purchase agreements
- structuring and negotiating documentation for real estate transactions
- general contractor agreements
- assistance during the financing process
- assistance with administrative proceedings and litigation based on the restitution laws or the general provisions of the Civil Code.
We can also handle litigation that may arise during project implementation or following project completion.
Thinking together with our client and understanding the dynamics that drive the real estate business means finding solutions to the various legal problems that our clients face in this highly competitive sector. Our belief is that a complete understanding of the whole business environment and the local market knowledge are essential ingredients for the successful client representation.
- We are currently representing individuals and companies in several litigation cases for recovery of estates;
- Day-to-day legal assistance for a Romanian group which operates real estate development projects;
- Assisting a Romanian construction company in connection with settleling construction agreements for a residential project in Bucharest;
- Assisting an individual investor in connection with the acquisition of several plots of land, including title investigation and issuance of legal opinions related to ownership titles;
- Representing a leading south-eastern European paint producer regarding real estate transactions including examination and analysis of real estate documentation and preparation of underlying contracts;